A degenerative joint disease which is caused due to lack of lubrication in joints, that leads to damaged cartilage, ligaments, and muscles.
Signs and symptoms of Osteoarthritis comprise of cracking sound in joints, chronic pain in joints, and inflammation around knees. It is generally witnessed with older people who are overweight and have restrictive physical movements.
Surprisingly, the cure of Osteoarthritis is widely practiced in Ayurveda known as Sandhi Vata. The results of Ayurvedic treatment lasts longer than allopathic treatment.
Factors that cause Osteoarthritis
- Poor metabolism of Calcium in our body
- Lack of movement and flexibility
The treatment comprises of therapies, medications, lifestyle changes and introduction of new kind of activities.
- Therapies comprise of Panchkarma– Virechana Karma and Basti Karma
- Activities comprise of Aqua Yoga, physiotherapy and breathing excercises.
- Lifestyle change comprise of altered food preferences, massaging joints with Ayurvedic oil, herbal steam bath, weight loss measures, and a wholesome intake of food.
- Though medications should be prescribed by a Ayurvedic practitioner, but the combinations of herbs such as Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus ), Bala(Sida Cordifolia) , Eranda (Ricinus Communis) , Medicated ghee , Sallaki ( Boswellia serrata) , Guggulu (Commiphora muku) will benefit the patient.
To know more about the ayurveda tips download Hindu Calendar Now !!!